Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. It’s a time for giving, receiving, sharing, catching up with friends, eating, drinking and being merry. It’s also an infamous time for gaining weight. Here’s my tips for enjoying delicious treats without the guilt or the weight gain this Festive season.
1. Schedule in your sweat sessions – I know this is an incredibly busy time of year, so make sure you schedule in your exercise like any other event in your calendar. I find the best time is first thing in the morning before the day gets going. So set that alarm 30-45min earlier and get that blood pumping.
2. Stay hydrated – With all the parties and extra alcohol you need to make sure you chug water all day to rehydrate. Water also fills you up so you eat less. Drink around 1.5 – 2 Litres per day of pure still or sparkling water.
3. Eat your veggies first – fill at least half your plate with salad and water-based vegetables. These will help cleanse your system and also fill you up so you eat less of the naughty stuff. You can offer to bring a healthy dish to the party – then at least you know one of the dishes is clean and green.
4. Enjoy your treats – If you want a piece of that double chocolate fudge cake, eat it and enjoy it without the guilt, just choose a small portion. It’s better to eat a smaller portion of the treat you crave and really enjoy it, rather than 20 of the ‘healthy version’ and still not be satisfied.
5. Start your day with a protein and nutrient packed breakfast – This will help keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.
6. Make sure you eat throughout the day leading up to a big dinner – If you starve yourself during the day, you’re more likely to binge on those christmas treats.
Sign up for the Lithe Fit and Toned Nutrition and Lifestyle Program, I will teach you what to eat and when so you can get the body you want for life.