Everyone has blue days. I know I do. In an age of social media where people only post the happiest moments of their lives, it can seem like blue days are limited to you alone. Blue days happen to regular people all the time. It does not mean you are depressed, it just can be that you feel sad and you don’t understand why, or the stress of life is getting to you and becoming overwhelming.
I want to discuss this topic today because the Lithe Fit and Toned Community is not just about improving your physical health, it is also about improving your overall health and wellbeing – this includes your mental and emotional health. Here are some tools to help you overcome the blue days.
1. Exercise – Exercise is nature’s most potent antidepressant as it releases endorphins, nature’s happy drug. Sometimes when you’re feeling low, your energy levels can be low also and exercise can feel like the last thing you want to do. Don’t give into this- get moving. Even if your energy levels are low, something as simple as a 20-30 minute walk can get your blood pumping and help lift your spirits. If you have energy- push yourself with a heart pumping workout like this one. Scheduling exercise into your day everyday will help keep the blue days away.
2. Take a good hard look at your diet – Does your diet consists mainly of wheat based foods and not a lot of protein or fibre? Do you consume sugar on a daily basis to keep your energy levels up? Do you skip meals? Do you eat a lot of processed or packaged convenience foods? You may be suffering from unstable blood sugar levels including rises and crashes- leaving you flat and low. The foods you eat have a huge effect on your mental and emotional health, and wellbeing. It’s important to eat a wide range of nutrient rich foods on a daily basis to nourish and sustain you. A great way to do this is by joining the Lithe Fit and Toned Nutrition Program.
3. Stretch- Doing some gentle stretching has been shown to reduce stress levels and promote relaxation. A great time to stretch is first thing in the morning when you get out of bed. This 5 Minute stretching routine will help energise you and set a positive tone for your whole day. Completing 5 minutes of stretching before bed will help relax your body and mind and send you into a satisfying slumber.
4. Talk to a friend or loved one- When you’re feeling a bit low, you can also feel very alone. When you’re feeling like this it’s important to reach out to people who care about you. They can help you work through your issues and make you feel better.
5. Connect with the Lithe fit and Toned community- At Lithe Fit and Toned we are here for you! This is your community and we are here to support and improve every aspect of your health, fitness and wellbeing.
6. Get some sunshine- Studies have shown that over 60% of Australians and Americans have insufficient levels of Vitamin D- the sunshine vitamin. Insufficient levels of vitamin D have been shown to cause symptoms such as low energy, muscle weakness and mild depression. It’s important to get 15 minutes of sun exposure per day – without sunscreen – as sunscreen inhibits the absorbtion of Vitamin D. If you have any of the symptoms listed, it’s advisable to get your vitamin D levels checked by a doctor, you may need to take a supplement.
Have you signed up for the Lithe Fit and Toned Nutrition and Lifestyle Program yet? Learn how to lose weight, tone up and improve your overall health and wellbeing here. The Program is on SALE NOW for JUST $47.50. Start changing your life today.